Brrr, baby it’s cold inside! It’s shaping up to be one of the coldest Greeley winters in years, did your home stay warm? Is your furnace working at top efficiency? If you are showing your furnace the love and it’s still not performing, then it might be time to leave it!
- Have your furnace inspected by a Greeley Furnace Heating and Air technician and tuned-up annually to ensure your heating system is at peak efficiency.
- Keep the area around the furnace so that the air flow is not restricted.
- Check your furnace filter monthly to make sure air flow isn’t restricted causing a loss of efficiency or even a breakdown. The Department of Energy says a clogged filter can increase energy bills by up to 15%!
- Keep your thermostat at one setting, turning it up or down will result in more energy being used. Consider a programmable thermostat to man-age your home climate.
- If your furnace is 12 years or older, consider replacing it for a high effi-ciency system. If you plan on staying in your home for a few years the in-vestment will pay-off in lower heating bills, more comfort and a higher property value.
A Greeley Furnace comfort pro will be happy to show you all the advantages including rebates and utility company incentives.